Tuesday 12 July 2011

I'm on the Edge of Glory

It's genuinely impossible for me to explain how astounding these past almost-four weeks have been. I know I said I would try and update, but I have had almost no free time whatsoever; I am exhausted, but I have probably never been so happy. As cliched as it sounds, this experience has been entirely life-changing. I feel like a completely new person, in the most positive way imaginable.


I started off with three nights in Nice, during which I also visited Cannes (perfection) and Monaco-Monte-Carlo. Then I went to San Remo in Italy for an orientation week in preperation for teaching English to Italian children - it was intense and tiring and the most fun I have had in a long time. Then...then then then...I went to Milan. Central Milan. I lived in the centre of Milan with the most fabulous host family you can imagine. It was one of the best weeks of my life. After a week in Milan I came to Turin; I am now halfway through my second week here. Teaching Italian children is difficult, frustrating and at times feels almost impossible, but it is also the most rewarding, hilarious, fantastic thing I have ever done. I'm too tired to go into details about anything now, so until later...ciao.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad to hear you're having such an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chit and chat