Saturday 27 March 2010

A burgeoning obsession..

I have fallen in love.

There are two fashion houses whose collections I follow dilligently, from design to creation to runway: Burberry Prorsum, and Chanel. There are other designers that I adore (Chloé, Christian Dior, Vivienne Westwood, Calvin Klein, Fendi, Valentino), but those two are the big ones - the ones that I would literally kill a person to have a piece from their collections.

But now, what is this? A S/S '10 collection has snuck up on me and taken a hold of my heart (admittedly several months late) and I find myself asking,
how did I miss this?

I'm talking about
Miu Miu.

The Spring/Summer 2010 collection is one of the most beautiful runway shows that I have ever seen. It is as close to perfection that a season could get without having Karl Lagerfeld involved. And (please take note, Christopher Bailey) there's not a single padded shoulder in sight. Fabulous.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Being a shoe obsessive (I have a sickening amount of shoes), I was dazzled by these. They are, in the words of Alexa Chung 'the perfect shoe' (http://twitpic.com/1538qc). The gold swallow print M-J's, or the black cat print M-J's are my absolute favourite. I love love love block heels, and I adore platforms. They are dream shoes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Maybe Miuccia Prada saves all her most interesting designs for Miu Miu, because she certainly doesn't use them with Prada (yeah, ok, Prada is lovely and classic and everything, but it's just so dull).


Just as I was beginning to digest the sheer magnificence of the S/S collection, BAM. She hits me with this: Miu Miu Fall/Winter 2010/11.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm undecided as to whether or not I prefer it to the Spring collection, but it's so stunning. The yellow is perfect.

And so begins yet another obsession of mine. I worked out that if put aside £2 every week, I will be able to buy a swallow print dress by the time I'm 32 years old. I've started saving.


For more A/W go here: http://dailyfashionandstyle.com/designercollections/miu_miu_fall_2010_rtw_collection-514.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chit and chat