Tuesday 6 April 2010

"They look like the line-up for a 1960's class photo"

So it was Saturday night. I was sitting in a pub, incredibly drunk. On the table before me was my phone, and suddenly it lit up and started vibrating. It was Hayley. Oh gosh, I thought. This can only mean one thing. And lo and behold, when I answered it Hayley told me that we were going to be in Frankie & the Heartstrings new music video!

If you are unaware of Frankie & the Heartstrings, firstly: what is wrong with you? And secondly: you are really missing out. They play sort of late 50's/early 60's rock and roll that is completely impossible not to dance to. Radio 1 are bumming them at the moment, so chances are you'll hear about them soon.

The video was for their song Tender, and it was filmed in this little independant cinema in Newcastle. Basically the band were on stage 'playing' while about 15 of us danced to the song over and over again, getting filmed from all different angles. It was shockingly tiring! But the most fun I've had in a long, long time. F&THS are one in my top three favourite bands, so being able to get involved in something like this was really special. Not only that, but the Heartstring lads are actually the sweetest; they were so lovely to us.

Below are some photos I managed to take on the day, but I'll post the video as soon as it's released (even if I look retarded - probable - the band definitely won't. They take the word 'dapper' to a whole new level).







L-R Michael, me, Hayley and Frankie. As you can see, they're holding some delicious easter eggs that we provided. I look very tired and awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chit and chat