Thursday 14 October 2010

What happened to Anarchy?

There is something bubbling and brewing under the surface of this country, something that I can't quite wrap my head around. Something - someone - waiting patiently, hidden in the trees, licking his lips, biding his time. He wants our money, our homes, our children, our souls. He's laughing at us - we put him there! It has happened before, only he was a she. You can just see them, in their blue ties, screaming clear out the North! That's where we'll put our holiday homes. Well screw this for a lark. I'm out of here.

Have you ever heard of The Zeitgeist Movement? Don't bother. Nice idea, but it's actually like Nineteen Eighty-Four, or something. You think I'm worth the same as the plebs down Flaxely Road, getting knocked up when they're 15 and never working a day in their life? You think I'm not worth the same as a footballer who won't kick a ball around unless he gets £150,000 an hour? Society should be structured based on work, like you've done this much work in your life, you deserve to be here in the heirarchy. You've worked ten times more than a man your age should have, you can get paid this much now, you deserve it. It would, I think, be a great incentive.

In my head, I am an anarchist. The 'state is undesirable, unnecessary and harmful'. In my head. In reality I vote, I pay tax, I go to university because I want to get a good job. Sometimes I find myself thinking about what it would be like to get all my money out, pack a rucksack and head off to the World. Live hand-to-mouth. I'll work on a farm somewhere. I'll sleep on a bus. I'll never worry about rent or loans or mortgages or banks or getting married or living up to people's expectations. Wouldn't it be grand, to actually be free? I have dreams where I haven't eaten in three days, but I'm sat on the edge of a cliff and it's sunset; the tide's coming in below me and it's warm and I'm relaxed. That's what goes on inside my head. That's how I'd stick it to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chit and chat