Monday 23 August 2010

The Alexa Effect

And so begins yet another Alexa Chung post...

Yes yes yes, I have just been camping for two weeks (I fcking HATE camping), but on Friday I will be shivering and sleeping under canvas once again because it is the last festival of the summer season, LEEDS FEST.

I despise Leeds Festival. Loathe it. It is full of whiny teenage brats whose daddy bought them their ticket as a summer holiday present, and everyone wears those tacky straw trilbys and thinks they're a Kooks groupie, or something. It's a festival for posers and for kids who think that they are so cool just because they're at a festival, and woah, aren't they hardcore for wearing wellies and not combing their hair for four days. Yay!

But the line-up is A M A Z I N G.

The Libertines. Blink 182. Frankie and the Heartstrings. Mumford and Sons. The King Blues. Weezer. We Are Scientists. Alkaline Trio. Pendulum. ENTER SHIKARI. It is the sort of line up that I have dreams about. So of course I have to go.

And of course, because it is Leeds Fest afterall, I have to dress up. And here enters Alexa Chung.

Nobody dresses for festivals like the Chung. She is perfect. She is sitting in a field, eating salmonella burgers, drinking Strongbow and dancing to bands perfect. And so below are the looks that I am going to attempt to emulate (weather permitting, of course).

But no doubt this is what I will need to wear. It is England, afterall.

3 comments:

  1. All good looks that look good on her, mostly because she doesn't look like she's trying.

    That in a of itself is an art really. One which, if I tried to emulate, would STILL make me look like I was trying too hard, which in fact is the story of my life.

    Good Luck, Have Fun, Stay Warm, Post Pics.

    Cheers!
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've nailed it about the crowd although there are always exceptions to the rule. You're going...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I am incredibly jealous of her effortlessness. It's an art.

    And aw, Jal, that's so sweet! X

    ReplyDelete

Let's chit and chat