Sunday 15 August 2010

Guten Tag

Here I am in Berlin, coming towards the end of my travels, and I am so, so tired. However, instead of going to bed like the wild party animal I really am, I thought that I would take a casual stroll out into the fair night and use the internet. I believe that I promised Twitter updates of my journey across Europe, but unbeknowsnt to me before I set off, my phone doesn't connect to the internet abroad, so I have had to wait for an ACTUAL COMPUTER to become available to me for me to network socially. How backward is that?

Anyway. So here I am in Berlin, one of my favourite FAVOURITE cities in the whole wide world. Today we had a little driving tour of the city with the group, and made a stop at the Berlin wall, which I did not see on my last trip here.
Being back in Berlin gave me such a buzz - there is something so stunning, so epic about this city that even looking at it through a rain-splashed bus window gives me good vibes. I adore it. Tomorrow I am going to embark upon a Third Reich walking tour of the city to see some of the history of WW2, and then I have a free day to explore a little more. And then tomorrow night it is par tay time.

I can't believe how fast this trip has gone - on Tuesday we will set off for Amsterdam for two nights, and then it's back to merry old England and HOME. I really cannot wait to get home again and to sleep in a comfy bed and to have a shower available whenever I want it and to have clean clothes and a dry towel and to be able to sit inside when I am eating my dinner, but at the same time this has been such a grand experience, and I have seen places that I have always wanted to see - l
ike Prague, where I was yesterday. It is one of the most beautiful cities that I have ever seen - the architecture is absolutely mind-blowing. I have a penchant for European architecture, so seeing Prague was one of the things that I was most looking forward to about this holiday.

I have been taking quite literally thousands of photos, so expect a series of long, long posts when I return home, but for now I will bid you farewell, until I once again reach the sunny shores of my great land, England, and Yorkshire, and Home.

Auf Wiedersehen!

1 comment:

Let's chit and chat