Monday 2 August 2010

Yorkshire Vibe #3 - Actual Yorkshire Day

Today was actual Yorkshire Day - a celebration of what I believe to be the greatest county in our fair country, and also one of the loveliest places in the world.

To celebrate, my parents and I went and did Yorkshire things, like what us Yorkshire folk usually do, only I was a lot more excited than usual about it (in case you haven't gathered, I am insanely patriotic about both my country and my home county).

We looked at old, ruined castles.
We walked down forrest paths.We looked at flowers and plants and stuff. (This place is Yorkshire Lavender, near York, and as you can see, there is a lot of lavender. It smells sort of like Heaven).We fed deer.And we saw a fake cricket match. I don't know who designed and built this, but each 'person' is made of solid steel and are slightly bigger than life size - it's at the top of a hill and from a distance it looks like a real cricket match.I LOVE YORKSHIRE!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun day, that lavender field looks divine. I'm ashamed to say I haven't been to Yorkshire yet, but know I'll love it when I do due to my extensive reading of the Brontes and James Herriot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you will love it! Do come in summertime though, otherwise it could be quite bleak and Jane Eyre-ish (although still excellent, I think).

    ReplyDelete

Let's chit and chat