Monday 24 May 2010

"You have the grand gift of silence, Watson; it makes you quite invaluable as a companion"



I finally got the chance to see Sherlock Holmes. Oh. My. Goodness. I LOVE HIM. Never before have I watched or read a Sherlock Holmes story, but I thoroughly enjoyed this film. Because of Robert Downey Jr, of course. His voice! His accent! His magnificent outfits! He was perfection. There was the whole 'I'm odd and I talk really fast and nobody has a clue what I'm doing apart from me' vibe going on that I adore - Matt Smith as Doctor Who also pulls that off marvellously. The film was classic Guy Ritchie (unnecessarily complicated, lots going on, all culminating in a revelatory speech at the end of the film) which I thought was great. I'm not really keen on Rachel McAdams (boring boring boring) and Jude Law - who was lovely - could have done without the nasty moustache, but overall I thought that this film was quite wonderful. Mark Strong makes a wicked bad guy. And Robert, oh Robert. What a babe.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chit and chat