Friday 2 July 2010

Yorkshire Vibe #2

Today, myself, my brother and my dad took a trip to the capital of my fair county, and visited York.

Yes, I do practically live in this city - I spend more time there then I do in my home 20 miles away - but we didn't do the normal, boring, city things. Instead, dad took us to places that we hadn't been before.We wet to The Blue Bell for lunch, which is this tiny Edwardian pub that is a listed building not only on the outside, but also on the inside, so all the decor is exactly the same as it was 100 years ago. Apart from the fan and the speakers (and possibly the old man). They do great sandwiches there.
Then we walked around a part of the city walls that I hadn't been on before; the walls block the view from the main road that I drive down pretty much every day, so little did I know that all these beautiful apartment buildings with cute gardens existed on the other side.
We then went to look for fish in the River Foss (aren't we an excellent family?!) but the water was a bit murky. So instead we found a family better even than ours - these geese!
And we followed them.
I think when I have children I am going to make them follow me around in a line like this. It looks like a good way to keep them in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chit and chat