Saturday 18 September 2010

Danger Days

I love My Chemical Romance. I am not ashamed by this fact. I. Love. Them. LOVE THEM. I have done since I was 13. Frank Iero was and still is my ultimate poster boy. I adore this band, I adore everything that they have ever said, done, worn, recorded, filmed, created or been any small part of. They make you feel like you are a part of something, something bigger than everything around you. Helena is one of my absolute favourite songs of all time. The last time I saw them, I was right at the front, and Gerard and Mikey Way both stood square in front of me, and Gerard knelt down and started singing that song...seriously, that will go down as one of the Great Moments in my life. I used to keep a scrapbook of all their magazine articles and pictures and stuff...but we've all, at some point, been obsessed with stuff, right?

But enough gushing (I fear I may have lost a large portion of my followers after that). What I'm so excited about is that...drum roll please...THEY'RE BACK.



They've kind of swung back to their original sound, which I loved and still love now. That raw, 'I wrote this in my basement' sound. Plus, Frank is thin again. Wins all around.

I've waited three years for this. I'm not disappointed.

P.S. Don't abandon me, blog world! I am actually slightly above the average level of cool!

2 comments:

  1. ahahhaa my gosh, i loved this band. i'm not sure whether i should changed the loved into love... hmmm...
    *takes a listen*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really refreshing to read a blog by someone who's at least mildly into the same bands as I am!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chit and chat