Wednesday 22 September 2010

LFW: The Big One

Last night was the Burberry Prorsum Spring/Summer 2011 show. This is a big deal.

For me, fashion means two things: Chanel, and Burberry Prorsum. Chanel means elegance, femininity and style. Burberry means Britain. I don't know if that's the reason that I love it so much - because it epitomises London and England and British style - but I love it nevertheless. Ever since Christopher Bailey took over, the collections have been getting better and better, and Burberry Prorsum is always the show that I look forward to most during fashion week.

Last year's S/S collection featured some of the most ridiculously beautiful clothes that I have ever seen. I watched the live streaming and just sat there gasping every time a new outfit came on. And the models were amazing, too. Lily Donaldson, Tatiana Cotliar, Freja Beha Erichson: all my favourites.

So last year's collection was a hard act to follow. But somehow he managed it. And while it wasn't quite as good as last year's, it still blew me away.

There was leather. Lots of leather. And spikes. And skintight trousers. And shoes that almost none of the models could walk in. It was fantastic! The leather trenchcoat is going to be next season's shearling aviator jacket. Those silver trousers are going to be the Topshop-copycat-version that I invest in. Those shoes, shoes, shoes, shoes, shooeess. I fell in love with Burberry all over again.
My favourite pieces:
I'm digging my leather jacket out.

And cutting the sleeves off it.

Perfect. Just perfect.

Oh myyyyy.

I love you Christopher Bailey, you beautiful, talented, babe of a man. I LOVE YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chit and chat